|Job Title:||Hardware Engineer|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dan Parker|
|Job Published:||May 28, 2019 15:37|
I'm looking to speak to an experienced hardware engineer with a comprehensive full project life cycle electronics design background within highly regulated sectors - ideally defence or aerospace.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS ROLE ALL APPLICANTS MUST ALREADY HOLD OR BE ELIGIBLE TO OBTAIN UK SC LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCE - APPLICANTS THAT DO NOT FULFILL THIS CRITERIA WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
This role will require you to take responsibility for the specification, design and execution of various tasks within the hardware engineering function, reporting directly to the hardware engineering manager and liaising closely with other design disciplines across the business.
You will be able to demonstrate your ability and past achievements in a variety of the following areas:
- The creation of electronics schematics and PCB layouts, with appropriate component selection, to offer required product functionality in line with customer specifications
- Supporting firmware development where relevant to hardware functionality
- Liaising with the supply chain, hardware, software and manufacturing engineering teams to introduce and integrate new technology where appropriate.
- Consideration for required radiated RF and EMC performance in collaboration with the mechanical design team.
- Understanding of and compliance with relevant industry regulatory standards
- Simulation tools for thermal and EMC characterisation
With a background in electronics design for low to medium volume high technology production engineering, you will be a positive and flexible individual that is confident in their communication manner and pro active with their contributions to the project team and wider business.
You will ideally hold:
- Degree or equivalent experience in relevant engineering discipline
- Existing SC clearance, or be eligible to obtain same as a minimum requirement
- Experience of delivering to IEEE standards
What's on offer
The opportunity to be part of an inclusive team within an established industry leading employer - you will be joining this business at an exciting period of growth and be involved with varied and exciting projects in a high technology sector.
A solid starting salary and flexible working arrangements alongside excellent development prospects will reward someone that is keen to build their career in this role.
How to apply
Please call Dan Parker directly on 02392 222 961 to discuss your suitability for the opportunity and its responsibilities and requirements in greater detail or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Up to £40000.00 per annum
£30000 - £40000.00 per annum + Company Car, Pension,
Up to £32000.00 per annum
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
£31000.00 - £33000.00 per annum