Ground Engineer - Castleford
|Job Title:||Ground Engineer - Castleford|
|Location:||Castleford, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + full package offered|
|Contact Name:||Chris Jones|
|Job Published:||November 23, 2018 11:37|
Castleford - West Yorkshire
From £25k to £35k per annum
This highly regarded site investigation contractor forms part of well-established leading Geotechnical specialist and has an exciting opportunity for a Ground Engineer to join their established Site Investigation team.
Working as a Ground Engineer, you will be responsible for assisting with site investigation a variety of projects across West Yorkshire and the surrounding area. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate between 1-5 years relevant UK experience and be degree qualified in Civil Engineer or a relevant field. This is an excellent opportunity to work for this award-winning Contractor and will present you with an opportunity to really grow within the business on some challenging projects.
Working closely with the Project Manager and Engineering team your role will include:
- Undertaking preliminary risk assessments (phase 1 desk studies) and intrusive ground investigation.
- Soil and rock logging to current geotechnical standards, including laboratory scheduling
- Collating data and providing detailed report
- Managing site activities and all subcontractors
To be considered for this role, you should have the following:
- BSc degree level qualified in geology/civil engineering or a related environmental subject essential
- MSc in a geotechnical/civil engineering or environmental discipline preferable, but not essential. Previous site work experience is an advantage (including trial pitting and drilling supervision)
- Capable of logging samples to BS 5930+A2 technical standards
- A good knowledge of the principal soil and rock strata encountered in the UK
- Good understanding of geological maps and published geological data
- A basic understanding of water, ground and soil gas monitoring techniques
- Ability to follow instruction, be self-motivated, exhibit a proactive approach, work well within a team environment and willing to be flexible to work nationally or internationally if the occasion arises
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Valid UK driving licence
What's on offer
- Salary up to £35, 000 depending on experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare voucher and private health care
- Continued Professional Development and as a Registered Practice with the Geological Society, our client is committed to supporting you through the Pathway to Chartership.
- You will also have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in a challenging atmosphere that will ensure a dynamic and fulfilling career path.
How to Apply
To apply, please call Chris Jones on 02392 288214, sending a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
CSA Project Engineer
£45.00 - £60.00 per hour
Configuration Control Engineer
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
Configuration Control Engineer
£32000.00 - £38000.00 per annum
Mechanical Design Lead
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
Salford, Greater Manchester
£27000 - £28000.00 per annum + Benefits package