|Job Title:||Ground Engineer|
|Location:||Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire|
|Salary:||£20000.00 - £35000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ayotunde George|
|Job Published:||October 19, 2018 15:38|
Our client is looking for an exceptional Ground Engineer to join their geo-environmental site investigation company. Working as a Ground Engineer, you will be responsible for assisting with site investigation work across the UK.
This role will see you using excellent communication skills to liaise with other project staff and clients, as well as carry out;
- Undertaking preliminary risk assessments (phase 1 desk studies) and intrusive ground investigation.
- Soil and rock logging to current geotechnical standards, including laboratory scheduling
- Collating data and report writing
- Managing site activities and subcontractors
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- BSc degree level qualified in geology/civil engineering or a related environmental subject essential
- MSc in a geotechnical/civil engineering or environmental discipline preferable, but not essential. Previous site work experience is an advantage (including trial pitting and drilling supervision)
- Be able to log samples to BS 5930+A2 technical standards
- A good knowledge of the principal soil and rock strata encountered in the UK
- Familiar with and be able to interpret geological maps and published geological data
- A basic understanding of water, ground and soil gas monitoring techniques
- Ability to follow instruction, be self-motivated, exhibit a proactive approach, work well within a team environment and willing to be flexible to work nationally or internationally if the occasion arises
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Valid UK driving licence essential
What's on offer
- Salary up to £35, 000 depending on experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare voucher and private health care
- Continued Professional Development and as a Registered Practice with the Geological Society, our client is committed to supporting you through the Pathway to Chartership.
- You will also have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in a challenging atmosphere that will ensure a dynamic and fulfilling career path.
How to Apply
To apply, please call Ayotunde George on 02392 288280 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's