|Job Title:||General Manager - New build Energy from Waste Power Station|
|Contact Name:||Arjun Patel|
|Job Published:||March 4, 2019|
General Manager - New build Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with a market leader who specialise within the Energy Sector.
We are looking for a General Manager to head up a brand-new power station, managing the day to day activities and performance of the energy from waste plant and O&M teams and ensure the safe and efficient operation of the plant.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Board, as General Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Operating the plant within the specified contract, achieving KPI's of personal and plant objectives and maximising efficiency to deliver cost savings and improving profitability.
- The development of all management systems to operate this new Energy from Waste plant.
- Provide leadership and management in setting up the new team and setting clear and defined objectives to deliver the plants goals.
- Guide the plant through the Construction & Commissioning phases and secure a successful handover.
- Plan for minimising and managing changes in legislation such as PPC, Emissions Monitoring and H&S issues.
- Ensure the Health, Safety and Welfare of all staff, support staff and sub-contractors are ensured across the Energy from Waste facility & Materials Treatment Plant.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Prior experience in delivering an Energy from Waste / Biomass Power Station through Construction, Commissioning, Mobilisation and handover to Operations
- Strong technical understanding of the EfW and Waste Management process to identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve performance
- An Engineering background and relevant qualification such as a Degree/HNC/ONC/HND
- Proven track record in delivering results against set KPI's
- Financial experience in management of budgets, P/L accounts, third party contracts
- NEBOSH or IOSH or a strong understanding of Health & Safety legislation
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent benefits package
- Opportunity to guide a new build Energy from Waste plant through to completion
- Excellent company with a strong performance culture
To apply for this position, please send an updated CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com or call 02392 288 282 and ask to speak with Arjun Patel who can tell you more about this opportunity
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.