|Job Title:||General Manager - New Build Biomass Power Station|
|Salary:||car, bonus, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||July 14, 2017|
General Manager - New Build Biomass Power Station
Competitive salary + generous benefits package
We are currently recruiting a General Manager to join a 40MW new build biomass power station in the Essex area. The General Manager will ultimately be responsible for the delivery of contractual and commercial targets of the plant as well as ensuring the O&M provider is running the plant in the best interests of the owner. The initial stages of this role will oversee the transition of the plant from construction and commissioning in to commercial operation.
What will I be doing?
Typical duties of the General Manager will include:
- Overall responsibility of the operation of the plant as defined by the management contract
- Monitor and report on the performance of the O&M contractor, fuel supplier and all other contractors with obligations to the plant
- Manage and liaise with key stakeholders including JV partners, O&M contractor, fuel suppliers etc.
- Administration of the plants interests and obligations under the various project agreements and licences
- Leading the assessment and delivery of commercial improvements and options for the business
- Leading the site management team to enable and assist them to deliver the full accountabilities of their roles
- Report to the board of Directors on a monthly basis
- Develop annual operating and financial plans for approval by the owners
Further details can be obtained on request
What experience does the role require?
In order to be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a senior management level role in power generation / energy from waste / biomass.
- A strong technical background including an engineering qualification such as a degree/HND/HNC - mechanical, electrical, process
- Ideally a business-related qualification at degree/HND/HNC level - e.g. business administration
- Strong commercial and negotiation skills
- Experience of building and maintaining strong client relationships to ensure compliance and adherence with contractual requirements
- Knowledge of environmental permits, H&S issues and safe working environments.
- Experience in the management of budgets
Occasional international travel will be required also
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive basic salary
- A company car or car allowance
- A performance related bonus
- Private medical cover
- A contributory pension
- Relocation assistance for those that need it
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 228 215 and speak to Steve.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.