General Manager - Municipal - Eastern Region
|Job Title:||General Manager - Municipal - Eastern Region|
|Location:||St. Albans, Hertfordshire|
|Salary:||Full package on offer|
|Contact Name:||Chris Jones|
|Job Published:||May 25, 2017 17:33|
JOB TITLE General Manager - Municipal - South East
LOCATION St Albans (or other office locations in the East)
SALARY Competitive Salary plus excellent benefits
Our client is one of the UK's leading Waste Management Specialists, with a firm foothold across the whole of Europe and beyond. They pride themselves on their passion and continuous focus on recycling and replenishing the earth's valuable resources.
Our client's requirements
With an impressive portfolio of Municipal Waste Contracts under their belts an exciting opportunity has arisen in the East to join and head up their Municipal team and to effectively lead and manage all aspects of the business moving forward. With a firm focus on Safety and Compliance and a strong grasp of the financial aspects of the Contracts, both existing and as part of their continued growth plans, this role creates both a challenging and exciting opportunity for you to really make your mark and help influence the business moving forward.
Key responsibilities will include
- Work in partnership with colleagues throughout the business, including QHS&E, Finance, HR, Fleet & others, to position the business as the reference for all municipal operations within the company, and the industry as a whole.
- Deliver efficiency & growth targets as agreed with the Regional Director and, with the support of the Finance team, produce financial forecasts as and when required.
- Recruit, develop and grow talent within the company to the long-term benefit of the business.
- Champion diversity in the workplace and business as a whole.
- Improve engagement within Municipal.
- Strengthen Trade Union relationships and take an active role in negotiations with all parties.
- Build strong and mutually beneficial relationships with all clients.
- Working in close partnership with the Development Team to maximise the potential for growth.
- Responsibility for ensuring that all People management processes and procedures are implemented in line with company policies.
Your past experience and knowledge will include
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent experience
- Substantial municipal contract management experience
- Good IT literacy
- IOSH or NEBOSH Certificate
What they can offer you in return
Not only does this present you with a first-class opportunity to join on of the UK's most highly regarded Waste Specialist but you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package in line with a position of this seniority. For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Chris Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288214.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Assistant Transport Manager
£15 - £20 per hour
Maintenance Manager - Essex - £50K
Up to £50000.00 per annum
Demolition Manager - Bracknell - £50K
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Commercial Manager - PRNs, Trading & Analytics - £35k
Logistics and Compliance Manager - West Sussex - £41K
West Sussex, England
£37000.00 - £41000.00 per annum