|Job Title:||General Manager - Energy from Waste Plant|
|Salary:||car, bonus, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||May 1, 2019|
General Manager - EFW Power Station
Excellent salary + car allowance + bonus + medical + pension
We are currently recruiting a General Manager for an operational 35 MW energy from waste facility in South East London. This plant is capable of processing 464,000 tonnes of waste per year that would have otherwise gone to landfill - enough to power around 48,000 homes. The General Manager will ultimately be responsible for the delivery of contractual and commercial targets of the plant as well as ensuring the plant is being operated and maintained to the highest standard.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Regional Director, typical duties of the General Manager will include:
- Oversee the long-term performance of the asset and its ability to generate money sustainably
- Overall responsibility of the operation and maintenance of the EFW plant as defined by the O&M contract
- Manage and liaise with key stakeholders including the land owners, district heating network, council and IBA disposal supplier
- Leading the assessment and delivery of commercial improvements and options for the business
- Lead the strategic planning of major future works (e.g. turbine overhaul, contract renewals etc)
- Leading the site management team to enable and assist them to deliver the full accountabilities of their roles
- Report to the board of Directors on overall performance of the plant
Further details can be obtained on request
What experience does the role require?
In order to be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- Significant experience in a senior management level role in power generation / energy from waste / biomass - Plant Manager, General Manager, Maintenance Manager, Operations Manager etc.
- A strong technical background including an engineering qualification such as a degree/HND/HNC e.g. mechanical, electrical, process, chemical etc
- Ideally a business-related qualification at degree/HND/HNC level - e.g. business administration
- P&L and management experience
- Strong commercial and negotiation skills
- Experience of building and maintaining strong client relationships to ensure compliance and adherence with contractual requirements
- Knowledge of environmental permits, H&S issues and safe working environments.
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- An excellent basic salary
- A company car or car allowance
- A performance related bonus up to 25%
- Private medical cover
- Dental cover
- A contributory pension
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.