General Manager - Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||General Manager - Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||Car & Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||January 15, 2019 10:16|
General Manager - New build Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary & Benefits (inc Bonus & Car)
Astute Technical Recruitment are working on with a market leader in the Environmental, Waste and Energy Recovery industries. This plant located in the Home Counties, converts up to 300,000 tonnes of waste per year to produce 22MW of electricity.
We are looking for a General Manager to head up the power station, managing the day to day activities and performance of the energy from waste plant and also look after the nearby waste transfer station.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Operations Director for Green Energy, as General Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Operating the plant within the specified contract, achieving KPI's of personal and plant objectives and maximising efficiency to deliver cost savings and improving profitability.
- The development of all management systems to operate this Energy from Waste plant.
- Plan for minimising and managing changes in legislation such as PPC, Emissions Monitoring and H&S issues.
- Maximising plant availability and effectiveness to improve profitability.
- Managing the stations budget in order to meet company objectives including achieving five year plan targets.
- Ensure the Health, Safety and Welfare of all staff, support staff and sub-contractors are ensured across the Energy from Waste facility & Materials Treatment Plant.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Prior experience in managing a Power Station and delivering on a contract
- Strong technical understanding of the EfW and Waste Management process to identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve performance
- An Engineering background and relevant qualification such as a Degree/HNC/ONC/HND
- Proven track record in delivering results against set KPI's
- Financial experience in management of budgets, P/L accounts, third party contracts
- NEBOSH or IOSH or a strong understanding of Health & Safety legislation
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Package includes bonus and car allowance
- Opportunity to join a new and modern Energy from Waste plant
- Excellent company with a strong performance culture
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Operations Manager - Energy from Waste
Car, Bonus & Benefits
Project Manager - Energy from Waste
Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
Up to £80000.00 per annum + benefits
Maintenance Manager - Energy from Waste
Bonus & Benefits
Project Manager - New build Energy from Waste Power Station
Contract Manager - New build Energy from Waste Power Plant