General Manager - Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||General Manager - Energy from Waste|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||May 02, 2018 10:59|
General Manager - New build Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary & Benefits (inc Bonus & Car)
Astute Technical Recruitment are working on with a market leader in the Environmental, Waste and Energy Recovery industries. Their newest Energy from Waste site in Edinburgh can process up to 195,000 tonnes of waste per year.
With four plants already in Operation, this is an exciting opportunity to join the Company as they expand their Energy Recovery Operations in the United Kingdom.
We are looking for a General Manager to head up the power station, managing the day to day activities and performance of the energy from waste plant, materials treatment facility, SPV and O&M teams and ensure the safe and efficient operation of the Energy from Waste plant.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Operations Director for Green Energy, as General Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Operating the plant within the specified contract, achieving KPI's of personal and plant objectives and maximising efficiency to deliver cost savings and improving profitability.
- The development of all management systems to operate this new Energy from Waste plant.
- Provide leadership and management in setting up the new team and setting clear and defined objectives to deliver the plants goals.
- Guide the plant through the Construction & Commissioning phases and secure a successful handover.
- Plan for minimising and managing changes in legislation such as PPC, Emissions Monitoring and H&S issues.
- Ensure the Health, Safety and Welfare of all staff, support staff and sub-contractors are ensured across the Energy from Waste facility & Materials Treatment Plant.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Prior experience in delivering an Energy from Waste / Biomass Power Station through Construction, Commissioning, Mobilisation and handover to Operations
- Strong technical understanding of the EfW and Waste Management process to identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve performance
- An Engineering background and relevant qualification such as a Degree/HNC/ONC/HND
- Proven track record in delivering results against set KPI's
- Financial experience in management of budgets, P/L accounts, third party contracts
- NEBOSH or IOSH or a strong understanding of Health & Safety legislation
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Package including bonus and car along with the usual T's and C's
- Opportunity to guide a new build Energy from Waste plant through to completion
- Excellent company with a strong performance culture
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
General Manager - Energy from Waste Plant
car, bonus, pension
Operations Assistant - Energy from Waste
£30000 - £34000.00 per annum + + Company Benefits
Shift Team Leader - Energy from Waste
£50000 - £55800 per annum + bonus, pension
Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste
Bonus + Benefits
HSE Advisor - Energy from Waste
Car + Benefits