|Job Title:||Fuel Director|
|Salary:||Up to £100000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dan Bisset|
|Job Published:||November 05, 2018 10:37|
Fuel Director - Straw
Up to £100,000 + Package
Norfolk / North Lincolnshire
We are currently recruiting for a Fuel Director to join an international investment organisation that manage three investment funds totalling around €6bn on behalf of pension fund investors. They have invested a significant amount into four renewable energy biomass plants in the UK with a capacity of 150MW.
We are now looking to recruit a Fuel Director to join the business to help them sculpt the way they source / procure straw and biomass products to be burnt in these power stations.
You will be tasked with managing a fuel team of ten staff based on site at the power plant.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for….
- Reliably and cost effectively sourcing various agricultural products (straw, miscanthus, OSR, legume straw) to ensure the power stations have a secure amount of fuel.
- Developing the way the business sources and acquires fuel, ensuring that a strong network is developed with growers / farmers and agricultural businesses.
- Defining the best balance between direct farm sourcing and third party scouring to improve the robustness and economic benefits to power plant shareholders.
- Managing a team of 10 staff, who are accountable for fuel sourcing, logistics and storage.
- Managing supplier relationship.
- Negotiating straw supply and haulage contracts.
- Developing a set of business tools and processes to track straw supply.
- Supporting the wider businesses (Managing Director / Finance Manager)
- Tracking and forecasting fuel delivery.
- Establishing a database / CRM of suppliers, growers & farmers.
Candidates will have a strong agricultural background coupled with a history of managing teams.
This position would suit candidates who have worked directly with farmers / growers and are confident when establishing new businesses relationships.
Although experience with straw is desirable, other will be considered who have worked with other agricultural crops and biomass products (wood chip, sugar beet, miscanthus, OSR)
Experience of managing a similar sized team (10) is essential.
What's on offer
- Basic salary up to £100,000
- Extensive benefits package.
- Development opportunities.
How to apply
To apply, please call Dan Bisset on 02392 288 213 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's