|Job Title:||Field Service Engineer - Solar|
|Salary:||£30000 - £35000 per annum + Company Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Kyle Shinn|
|Job Published:||March 14, 2019|
Field Service Engineer - Solar
Up to £35,000 DoE plus benefits
Southampton - Field Based
We are looking to recruit an experienced Field Service Engineer / Operations and Maintenance Technician / Solar PV Engineer to carry out operations & maintenance duties across multiple sites in Southampton and surrounding areas.
Our Client is recognised as the Global Market Leader for large-scale solar projects and innovative, efficient renewable energy solutions. Host to the largest O&M division in Europe, dedicated to Solar Energy; this ambitious growing Business offer a variety of training and skill development opportunities as well as a generous bonus scheme and benefits package. The Operations and Maintenance Team play a vital role in the continued expansion of the Business, with over 300 specialists in-house.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out operations, fault finding, maintenance and checks on multiple solar PV plants which will include working on inverters, electrical components, cabling, junction boxes and the framework.
- Assisting in the construction and installation of solar plant when required.
- Ensuring strict compliance with health & safety procedures.
- Managing relationships with local contractors working on site.
- Providing regular reports on travel and tasks undertaken.
- Other duties as required.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Knowledge of HV systems; must be a minimum of AP3 level or close to obtaining.
- Electrical Engineering qualifications equivalent to 18th edition IET Wiring Regulations (an apprenticeship / City & Guilds / NVQ etc.)
- A proven track record in a similar Operations and Maintenance or Field Service Engineer role.
- Accurate report writing skills and a high level of organisation.
- A Full UK Driving Licence
- Previous experience in the solar PV sector (especially working on ground mount plant) and high voltage (HV) would be advantageous.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading company in the Renewable Energy & Solar PV industry! Offering a competitive salary up to £35,000 depending on experience, plus benefits including a company van.
If you would like to apply for this Field Service Engineer role, please email a copy of your latest CV to email@example.com or call Kate Tyrrell on 02392 222960.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.