Fawley WTS Manager
|Job Title:||Fawley WTS Manager|
|Contact Name:||Don Marsh|
|Job Published:||April 06, 2017 14:18|
JOB TITLE Operations Manager (WTS)
LOCATION Fawley - Southampton
SALARY Competitive salary + Pension + Life Assurance + Discretionary Bonus
Our client is an international leader in waste reclamation and recycling solutions managing more than two million tons of waste annually. With their efforts focusing on Reducing, Recycling & Recovering the waste they manage they are currently able to recycle 60% of that waste.
They require a Waste Transfer Manager to manage the Fawley Waste Transfer Station to achieve a compliant, safe and effective operation.
To ensure the WTS operation remains within Budget and assist in driving the expansion of the UK WTS network.
Your principal responsibilities will be to (but not limited to):
- To manage Fawley WTS operations in conformance with the site licences, PPC permits and any other statutory requirements.
- To continually strive towards the highest health & safety goals.
- To follow company procedures where they impact on WTS operations.
- To maintain the highest standards of housekeeping across the Fawley WTS.
- To maximise the profitability of waste streams where possible and work with the sales team to grow the WTS operations at Fawley in particular and the UK in general.
- To develop new WTS outlets and continually seek cheaper disposal routes for the waste streams passing through the WTS.
- Review margin analysis for all streams in and out of the WTS and implement appropriate corrective actions to ensure margins are maintained.
- To ensure all necessary sampling and analysis is performed on containerised waste.
- To work with the other UK WTS Managers to monitor and improve productivity and efficiencies, including those of the operatives.
- To manage the Fawley annual WTS budget and control operational, labour and general WTS costs across the Fawley WTS within the Budget.
- To be responsible for PDR reviews and all aspects of HR for the WTS team.
- To ensure that all records required by statutory regulation and company procedure are standardised across all WTSs and maintained.
- To produce monthly reports containing the WTS KPIs, an explanation of the performance within the department, details of new streams and or disposal routes and any efficiency improvements.
- To assist in the planning of inputs and outputs to and from the WTS on a weekly basis.
- To leverage the geographical location of the Fawley WTS to minimise transport costs both in to and out.
- COTC holder
- Degree in Chemistry or equivalent experience
- Computer literate, particularly Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook. SAP experience.
- Good man management and interpersonal skills
- Good communicator (written and verbal)
- Results focussed.
Very competitive salary plus great benefits package including discretionary bonus, pension, health & life assurance.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 023 92 222 964
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£50000 - £60000 per annum
Area Sales Manager
Operations Manager - Waste Management - West Sussex
Bognor Regis, West Sussex
£32000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + benefits package
Safety & Compliance Manager - North London - Up to £38k
£35000.00 - £38000.00 per annum
£34000.00 - £35000.00 per annum