|Job Title:||Facility Manager - Energy From Waste Plant|
|Location:||Dublin, Republic of Ireland|
|Salary:||car allowance, medical|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||May 2, 2018|
Facility Manager - Energy from Waste Power Station
Excellent salary on offer + generous benefits package
We are currently recruiting for a Facility Manager for a state of the art Energy from Waste power station in Dublin, Ireland. Using world class technology, the plant incinerates municipal waste to produce electricity which is then exported to the national grid. This plant will generate enough energy to power up to 80,000 homes by incinerating approximately 600,000 tonnes of waste per year. The Facility Manager will ultimately be responsible for the delivery of contractual and commercial targets of the plant as well as further developing strategies to improve and maintain operational plant efficiency.
What will I be doing?
Typical duties of the Facility Manager will include:
- Overall responsibility for leading and managing a team of operations, maintenance and plant support staff ensuring the plant is operated as efficiently as possible as well as maximising plant availability.
- Overseeing the operation of the facility in a manner that protects the health and safety of employees and visitors as a priority.
- Overall responsibility for the operation of the plant in a manner that is environmentally compliant at all times maintaining familiarity with all regulations and permits governing the operation of the plant.
- Working closely with the Business Manager to follow opportunities aimed at maximising the return on all assets associated with the EFW plant.
- Continuously strive to improve the overall condition and performance of the plant and taking responsibility for all operating expenses
- Maintaining effective relationships with local political and community leaders as well as other stakeholders
- Setting goals and objectives for operations and maintenance teams and monitor their progress accordingly
- Deliver a strategy focused on asset preservation and growth with a focus on continuous improvement
Further details can be obtained on request
What experience does the role require?
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- A degree in an engineering or technical discipline is essential for this role. A Master's degree would be beneficial.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in the energy from waste sector, ideally with a background in plant operations. This does not necessarily have to all be in management, but candidates need to demonstrate an increasing level of responsibility across this period.
- Strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to drive and manage performance
- Experience of building and maintaining strong client relationships to ensure compliance and adherence with contractual requirements
- Knowledge of environmental permits, H&S issues and safe working environments.
- Experience in the management of budgets, P&L etc.
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A highly competitive basic salary
- A car allowance
- A performance related bonus up to 20%
- A contributory pension
- Medical insurance
- Relocation assistance for those that need it
For further details on the package please get in touch.
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.