Environmental Technician - New Power Station
|Job Title:||Environmental Technician - New Power Station|
|Salary:||£28000 - £30000 per annum + pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||June 01, 2018 17:02|
Environmental Technician - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive salary + benefits
We are currently recruiting for an Environmental Technician to join the new Javelin Park Energy from Waste power station in Gloucestershire. This Environmental Technician will work closely with the QHSE Manager and O&M Teams to ensure the site is environmentally compliant always.
The Javelin Park EFW plant will combust residual waste at a rate of 190,000 tonnes per year and produce more than 14 MW to export to the grid, enough to power over 25,000 homes. This plant will also cut carbon emission by 40,000 tonnes and save local taxpayers £150million.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the QHSE Manager typical duties will include:
- Monitoring water treatment, steam quality and combustion products
- Perform routine checks and testing of boiler/steam/water chemistry
- Routine checks on the continuous emissions monitoring system (CEMS) over the past 24 hours
- Carrying out the stations EA routine reporting as necessary
- Working with the Shift Teams to monitor levels of lime, carbon etc
- Interrogate the CEMS to develop reports on the environmental performance of the plant
- Provide regular reports on emissions monitoring and environmental legislation
- Monitor facility drainage for debris, algae and contamination
What does role require?
To be considered for this vacancy it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- A degree / HND / HNC level qualification in a relevant environmental / scientific subject e.g. chemistry, environmental science etc
- Experience in waste management, power generation or a similar process industry with a focus on environmental compliance/testing etc.
- A good appreciation of health and safety aspects.
- An IOSH qualification is preferable but not essential
What's in it for me?
Successful candidates will receive:
- A competitive starting salary
- A company pension
- A chance to join one of the UK's newest Energy from Waste facilities
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve Utton, Dan Grosvenor or Arjun Patel
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Mechanical Technician - New Power Station
ElectricaI Technician - Power Station
£37000 - £37925.00 per annum + benefits
Maintenance Technician - Biomass Power Station
Birmingham, West Midlands
Overtime & Benefits
Project Manager - New build Energy from Waste Power Station
EHS Manager - CCGT Power Station
Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot