Environmental Science Student
|Job Title:||Environmental Science Student|
|Location:||West Malling, Kent|
|Salary:||Up to £18000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Nixon|
|Job Published:||August 10, 2018 10:31|
Environmental Science Student
Up to £18,000
We are currently recruiting for an Environmental Sciences Student to join one of the leading Waste Management specialists operating across the Kent area. They are currently looking for an Environmental Sciences Student to assist in the development of best health and safety culture and environmental compliance across one of their large waste management facilities. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to utilise their environmental qualifications and take the first step into their Health and Safety career.
Reporting to the Group Compliance, Health and Safety Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and monitoring the health, safety and environmental compliance across the site including environmental sampling of noise, dust, odour, surface water and groundwater.
- The writing, review and implementation of COSHH assessments, risk assessments and safe systems of work and ensuring all accidents and near misses are reported and investigated.
- Producing data management analysis for required environmental compliance regulations and external agencies.
- Assist in maintaining and development of the facility's integrated management system (IMS) and maintaining accreditation to OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 standards
- Management of on-site contractors including induction talks, toolbox talks and Permit's to Work.
Candidates are expected to have a background working or studying within the environmental or health and safety field, underpinned by an appropriate subject qualification.
This role would suit a recent graduate or college leaver who is looking to take the first step into their career within the health and safety sector. Candidates should have good attention to detail and the ability to analyse and report from data.
A background working within the waste or utilities industries and a knowledge of waste industry legislation would be an advantage but is not essential.
What's on Offer
- Basic Salary £18,000
- Full Health and Safety Training
- Opportunity to gain your NEBOSH and IOSH qualifications
How to Apply
To apply, please call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Town Planner
£200 - £250 per day
Up to £22400 per annum
West Sussex, England
£33000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
£110 - £19400.00 per annum
West Malling, Kent
£35000 - £40000 per annum