Environmental Science Graduate
|Job Title:||Environmental Science Graduate|
|Salary:||Up to £22000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Nixon|
|Job Published:||August 08, 2018 11:47|
Dorset - Canford
Up to £22,000
We are currently recruiting for an Environmental Sciences Graduate to join one of the leading Waste Management specialists operating across the Dorset area. They are currently looking for an Environmental Sciences Graduate to assist in the development of best health and safety culture and environmental compliance across one of their large waste management facilities.
Reporting to the Group Compliance, Health and Safety Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and monitoring the health, safety and environmental compliance across the site including environmental sampling of noise, dust, odour, surface water and groundwater.
- The writing, review and implementation of COSHH assessments, risk assessments and safe systems of work and ensuring all accidents and near misses are reported and investigated.
- Producing data management analysis for required environmental compliance regulations and external agencies.
- Assist in maintaining and development of the facility's integrated management system (IMS) and maintaining accreditation to OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 standards
- Management of on-site contractors including induction talks, toolbox talks and Permit's to Work.
Candidates are expected to have a background working or studying within the environmental or health and safety field, underpinned by an appropriate subject qualification to degree level.
This role would suit a recent graduate looking to further their career within the health and safety sector. Candidates should have good attention to detail and the ability to analyse and report from data.
A background working within the waste or utilities industries and a knowledge of waste industry legislation would be an advantage but is not essential.
What's on Offer
This role presents the successful applicant with a first-class opportunity to join a growing business, building on their continued success within the Waste Management sector across the Dorset area.
It offers a basic salary of up to £22,000 as well as a competitive package and the opportunity to build on your existing training and experience within the industry and start a career in the Health, Safety and Environmental field.
How to Apply
To apply, please call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
South London, London
£35000.00 - £38000.00 per annum
Engineering Manager - Recycling - Nottinghamshire - £50K+
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Car plus extras
Senior Maintenance Engineer
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£33000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
Mechanical Maintenance Technician
West Sussex, England
£33000.00 - £35000.00 per annum