|Job Title:||Environmental Health & Safety Manager - CCGT Power Station|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||July 4, 2019|
Environmental Health & Safety Manager - CCGT Power Station
South Wales with Travel
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We are looking for a Environmental, Health & Safety Manager to join the central support team of a UK based IPP (Independent Power Producer).
With three operational Power Stations totalling approximately 2.3GW in power generation and further projects in the pipeline, this EHS Manager position is responsible for overseeing the compliance, legislation, audits, inspections and environmental issues across three CCGT Power Stations.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to Director of Operations & Projects, as the Environmental Health & Safety Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and maintaining company wide Environmental, Health & Safety policies, legislation, compliance issues, strategy and procedures across three operational CCGT Power Stations.
- Oversee the maintenance of the Management Systems including EHS Legal Register and Corporate policies
- Monitoring site wide compliance, conducting audits, inspections and supporting the on-site H&S teams.
- Working alongside 3rd parties such as the environment agency, Energy UK, specialist contractors and independent advisors on all EHS matters.
- Leading any EHS investigations on incidents / risks.
- Overseeing the sites environmental permits to ensure compliance with the Environment Agency and relevant statutory bodies.
- Managing a EHS budget.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Degree qualified in a relevant HSE field and either working towards of have already achieved chartership status.
- Experience / Qualification in quality management systems
- Prior HSE experience in a Heavy Process environment / similar industry such as Thermal Power Station, Energy from Waste, Biomass, Steelworks, Paper Mill, Refinery etc
- Holder of NEBSOH in Occupational Safety & Health and IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management
- Working knowledge of CDM regulations, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A highly competitive salary
- Benefits package
- Company Bonus scheme
- Travel expenses
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.