|Job Title:||Environmental Compliance Coordinator|
|Salary:||£25000 - £27000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Nixon|
|Job Published:||July 10, 2019|
Environmental Compliance Coordinator
Up to £26,000 + Benefits
We are currently looking for an Environmental Compliance Coordinator to join a global leader in waste management and renewable energy services across the UK. Working as the Environmental Compliance Coordinator, you will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining all environmental monitoring data collected and required at both closed and open landfill sites across the Essex and London Region. This will involve data analysis, technical reports and project based site work to manage and maintain landfill operation and aftercare covering environmental performance and improvement.
Working as the Environmental Compliance Coordinator, you will be responsible for…
- Manage and maintain all environmental monitoring data collected, ensuring it is correctly collected, stored and reported in accordance with permit requirements, internal procedures and environmental regulations.
- Verify data being collected using internal database and pre-set parameters.
- Prepare technical reports and present to senior management for support to landfill operations and aftercare management teams on matters relating to environmental performance and improvement.
- Manage site specific permit requirements and environmental obligations ensuring monitoring and site-based work is carried out in line with these.
- Asses and analyse complex data including landfill gas, surface water, groundwater and landfill leachate highlighting non-compliance and advise on action required.
- Work on site-specific projects and liaise directly with statutory bodies such as the environmental agency, site stakeholders and on-site staff.
- Other duties as required.
The role is predominantly office-based but will require travel to landfill sites and other locations for meetings, site-specific work, training and routine audits.
To be considered for this position, candidates will be expected to hold a HNC (or equivalent) in Environmental science or a similar discipline with a clear understanding of the landfill process and operation, including environmental monitoring procedures and data analysis.
Candidates will be expected to have a background working with environmental monitoring or permit regulations with demonstrable experience analysing, reporting and advising on complex data.
Due to the nature of this role, a full UK driving licence is required.
What's on Offer
This is a brilliant opportunity to join one of UK's leading resource, recycling and waste management companies and offers a salary of up to £26,000 plus a generous benefits package.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Gemma Nixon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 222 964
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.