|Job Title:||Environmental & Quality Systems Technician - Power Station|
|Location:||Newhaven, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£28000 - £30000 per annum + pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||April 1, 2019|
Environmental & Quality Systems Technician - Energy from Waste
£30,000 + bonus + pension
We are currently recruiting for an Environmental and Quality Systems Technician to work for a market leader in the waste management and energy from waste industries. Based at their EfW power station in East Sussex you will be responsible for supporting the Senior Environmental Technician to meet the operational and reporting requirements of the environmental permits for facilities within the South Downs and Hampshire PFI contracts.
What you'll be doing...
Typical duties will include:
- Managing the delivery and reporting of the environmental monitoring programme relating to energy from waste facilities and other major plats in the PFI contracts ensuring relevant reports are produced as required under the PPC permits
- Ensuring that sampling and monitoring in accordance with the environmental permits, trade effluent and discharge consents are complied with
- Maintaining an overview of the contract QHSE performance, producing key performance indicators, monitoring trends and producing reports for Plant Managers and Directors
- Liaising with various bodies/organizations such as the EA, local authorities, water companies etc.
- Working closely with the Senior Environmental Technician and QHSE advisers to ensure consistency within the treatment division
What you will need...
In order to be considered for this opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- Ideally a degree level qualification or equivalent in a relevant environmental / scientific subject
- Knowledge of waste treatment and disposal operations. Experience in the energy from waste or waste treatment sectors would be a plus
- Knowledge of environmental legislation and QHSE systems relating to energy from waste / waste incineration
- Practical experience of the interpretation and reporting of environmental data
- A full EU driving licence is required as occasional travel to other sites may be involved
What is in it for you...
The successful candidate will receive
- A basic salary up to £30,000
- A performance related bonus
- A contributory pension
- The chance to join the growing EFW sector
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.