|Job Title:||Environmental Advisor (Radiation)|
|Location:||Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland|
|Salary:||Up to £25.73 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Dan Bisset|
|Job Published:||May 9, 2019|
Environmental Advisor (Radiation)
Chapelcross nuclear power station- Dumfries
Contract - Full Time
We are currently recruiting an Environmental Advisor to join Chapelcross nuclear power station. This is a full time contract position, focusing on the environmental issues in radioactive environments. Developing and maintaining the arrangements for compliance with statutory and Company requirements, including RSA, for environmental and waste disposal processes.
Reporting to the Environmental Manager, you will be responsible for…
- Providing authoritative advice on environmental and waste matters.
- Supporting best practical means (BPM/BAT), Best Practical Environmental Options (BPEO) and ALARP assessments for projects as appropriate.
- Advising on and reviewing routine and non-routine technical surveys and tests to monitor radiological conditions.
- Prepare, advise and comply with documentation to meet environmental requirements at the site.
- Advise on and develop methods of decontamination and waste minimisation.
- Produce and maintain the consent under the Environmental Impact (EIAD) regulations.
- Develop and manage the site improvement plan for environmental management.
- Stand in for the Head of Environmental when needed.
- Undertake the role of Accredited Health Physicist / Radiation Protection Advisor if SQEP and appointed to do so.
Candidates will hold the following qualifications and experience.
- Educated to NQF Level 6 / NVQ Level 6 (or equivalent in a subject related to the post)
- Member of a relevant professional institute
- Radiation Protection Advisor (Desirable)
- Accredited Health Physicist
- Experience working on a nuclear site.
- Qualified expert (RSA Route - Desirable)
What on offer
- Full time contract - £25.73 per hour
How to apply
To apply, please call Dan Bisset on 02392 288 213 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.