|Job Title:||Engineering Stores and Procurement Lead|
|Location:||Shaftesbury, Dorset, S. W. England, England|
|Salary:||£26000.00 - £28000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Natasha Elliott|
|Job Published:||September 10, 2019|
Engineering Stores and Procurement Lead
£26,000-£28,000 (Dependent on experience)
Astute Technical are currently recruiting for an Engineering Stores and Procurement Lead for a high-profile client in the food production and manufacturing industry. This is a great opportunity for an experienced individual to work for an established global provider of food manufacturing excellence.
This role requires a confident and capable Engineering Stores and Procurement Lead with experience in non- stock purchases and stock managing. This role requires an individual to proactively challenge supplier pricing, keep continual track of Engineering spend, ensure stock levels are kept at the correct level, and provide service to wider Engineering department in sourcing of parts requirements.
As a Engineering Stores and Procurement Lead, your duties will include:
- Point of Contact: Be the first point of contact for stock and non-stock parts requirements, primarily from the engineering department, but also the wider business.
- Service: Provide a first class service to the business, through proactive engagement and a can-do attitude.
- Own daily working relationships with suppliers, engineers and various departments within the business as and when required.
- Picking Rounds: As and when requested, complete picking rounds for engineers. This may be reactive based on breakdown, or proactive based on kit lists for overhauls etc.
- Perpetual Inventory: Manage the daily stock checking across the entire stores. Ensure that they are carried accurately and are kept relevant. Be flexible to and carry out spot checks and random checks when the need dictates.
- Goods Received: Check incoming product on arrival. Ensuring that the paperwork matches the goods received and escalate.
- Preparation: Prepare outgoing orders either by packing boxes or loading pallets in to the outgoing area.
- CMMS - Provide support for wider engineering department in the management of the CMMS system, in relation to Work Orders, PPPMs and Stock.
To be considered for the Multi Skilled Shift Engineer role, it would be desirable to have:
- Previous experience in a procurement/stores or sales role within a large organisation.
- Knowledge of raising purchase orders, chasing suppliers, keeping tight paper trail and resolving invoicing issues.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of MS Excel and flexibility of many other software packages.
- Able to follow instructions and procedures.
- Focused on attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Work under pressure to tight deadlines.
As a Multi Skilled Shift Engineer, you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 31 days holiday
- Auto Enrolment Pension
Applying for this exciting opportunity could not be easier, simply email your up to date CV and covering letter to Natasha Elliott on email@example.com or 02393 910 043
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.