|Job Title:||Engineering Manager - Power Generation|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum + Company Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Kyle Shinn|
|Job Published:||August 16, 2019|
Engineering Manager - Power Generation
Up to £50,000 + Benefits
Manchester - UK travel required
Our client, a leading organisation working within the waste management & power generation sectors, currently require an Engineering Manager to be responsible for managing the operations & maintenance of multiple green & renewable energy power generation sites. You'll be based out of their offices nearby to Manchester, with travel to sites across the UK required.
As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the operations & maintenance of multiple power generation sites across the UK, which are running large CHP & gas reciprocating engines (such as Jenbacher, Caterpillar & Cummins).
- Leading & managing the field-based engineering teams, which will cover mechanical, electrical and C&I disciplines.
- Providing technical support & training to the engineering teams in regards to fault finding, troubleshooting & maintaining the gas engines.
- Managing & improving the PPM schedules to minimise plant downtime & ensure asset performance is optimised.
- Ensuring adherence with health, safety & environmental (HSE) legislation.
- Other duties as required.
In order to be considered for this position, you will need to have experience in a similar Engineering Manager role with a background working in the power generation, renewable energy, marine or similar industrial sector. You should also be a time served engineer with a background in the service & maintenance of large reciprocating engines (Jenbacher, Caterpillar, Cummins etc.), along with having proven experience managing & leading multi-disciplined engineering teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading organisation within the waste management & power generation sectors! They're offering a competitive salary in the region of £50,000 depending on experience, plus benefits including a company vehicle, bonus scheme & 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
If you would like to apply for the Engineering Manager role, then please send a copy of your up to date CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kyle Shinn on 02392 288 284 for more information.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.