|Job Title:||Engineering Manager - CHP|
|Salary:||Up to £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Zubair Ahmed|
|Job Published:||June 27, 2019|
Engineering Manager - CHP
Circa £50,000 + Bonus + Medical
We are recruiting for an Engineering Manager to work on a combined heat and power (CHP) plant in the Hampshire area. The CHP plant supplies a manufacturing site with heat and power and is a 24/7 operation.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for the organisation and coordination of all operations and maintenance activities of the CHP in order to ensure it always runs smoothly and efficiently
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Site Manager as the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the output of a 50MW CHP plant and Effluent Treatment Plant providing 24/7 utility supplies to a manufacturing plant.
- The day to day management of operations, engineering and maintenance staff responsible for the continuous operation and maintenance of the CHP plant.
- Identify and undertake projects designed to improve plant performance, productivity and efficiency as appropriate.
- Liaising with other Engineering / Operations Manager on site to ensure the CHP and ETP outages are planned for and executed appropriately
- Assist in the preparation of the annual departmental budgets
- Ensure all operations and maintenance activities within the CHP are carried out with the highest regard for health & safety.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- At least 4 years of experience in the power generation industry in operations or maintenance at a supervisory or management level. This could be from energy from waste, biomass, CCGT, CHP, nuclear etc. Candidates with a marine engineering background from the Royal Navy would also be suitable for this - Chief Petty Officer / Warrant Officer level
- A relevant engineering qualification at HNC / ONC level or equivalent. Qualifications below this may be acceptable with significant experience
- A relevant health and safety qualification is desirable e.g. IOSH, NEBOSH
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive salary DOE
- A performance related bonus up to 10%
- Private medical cover
- A company pension
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 222 963 and ask to speak to Zubair Ahmed who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.