|Job Title:||Engineering Manager|
|Salary:||£40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Nixon|
|Job Published:||July 25, 2019 16:00|
Up to £45,000
Our client is an innovative and ground-breaking organisation specialising in the treatment of hazardous and clinical waste. They are currently looking to recruit an Engineering Manager to join their established team at their treatment facility in Avonmouth to lead and develop their current engineering operations on-site. With a growing focus on Clinical and Hazardous waste, this is an exciting time to join this growing business.
About the role
Working as the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that the site maintenance team is organised, staffed and managed within Business Operating Procedures.
- To manage all reactive and planned maintenance, prioritising works ensuring all tools, parts and materials are readily available when needed.
- Develop and implement effective planned maintenance schedules ensuring that plant downtime is minimised.
- Working with and maintaining a variety of heavy equipment associated with incineration and clinical waste management.
- Directly manage the performance of maintenance technicians and assist with the production performance.
- Ensure that employees under your control adhere to all Health & Safety standards, policies and procedures.
- Manage the company's HR policies relating to "Gross Misconduct", and disciplinary procedures;
- Recruit and retain personnel with necessary skills to carry out the plant maintenance duties
- Constantly reviewing and developing new and relevant continuous improvement practices to improve plant efficiencies
- Manage all engineering-related permits and its compliance (Hot work permits, permit to work etc)
- Managing the maintenance department's budget.
- All other duties as required.
About the Candidate
To be considered for the role, you will be expected to have a background working in a Senior Engineering Position with demonstrable experience managing a diverse team of maintenance staff in a heavy process environment.
You should have a strong working knowledge maintenance practices, PPM planning, health, safety and environmental legislation and team management.
Although not essential, an understanding of the waste management, hazardous waste or power industry process would be beneficial.
What's on offer to you
This opening presents a first-class opportunity to join a key business in the clinical waste sector. With exciting growth plans in the coming months, this is an excellent chance to work on their new flagship plant and help grow and develop their business. In return they can offer a competitive salary up to £45,000 plus package.
For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Gemma Nixon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 222 964.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Up to £50000.00 per annum
Engineering Supervisor - Nights - Essex
£47000 - £48000 per annum
Engineering Maintenance Supervisor - West Sussex - £40,900
Arundel, West Sussex
Up to £40971.7600 per annum
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£4000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Commercial Waste Area Manager
North West England, England