|Job Title:||Engineering Instructors|
|Location:||Coventry, West Midlands|
|Contact Name:||Don Marsh|
|Job Published:||August 4, 2017|
£35,000 - £40,000
Our client is a FTSE 100 business, providing 600 services across six continents and is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation.
Their Skills & Learning business is one of the nation's largest private sector providers of vocational and skills training working in partnership with major employers across the Automotive, Emergency Services, Engineering and Service sectors.
They have a prestigious Engineering Academy catering to a large private sector client & require a number of Engineering Instructors with an Electrical or Mechanical bias. The roles are primarily based within their purpose-built Academy at Westwood in Coventry working on a large-scale contract they have with Network Rail.
They have a number of Full Time (Permanent) and 12-month Fixed Term Contract positions to be filled. For both positions, you will ideally be working towards DTTLS qualifications with a view to obtaining QTLS & demonstrate excellence in teaching and learning
· The delivery of the Trailblazer programme
· Demonstrate and support good practice through innovative teaching and learning strategies
· Promote the sharing of ideas across the Academy to support objectives in becoming an "outstanding" provider
· Participate in internal verification activities to ensure compliance and standardisation across the Academy
· Carry out instruction for classes - up to 80% of the week
· Mark all work and provide feedback to students
· Produce schemes of work, lesson plans and course materials
· Ensure all appropriate teaching resources are available for delivery
· Writing student progress reports
· Manage student performance
· Undertake staff induction and performance development reviews
The ideal candidate will hold either HNC / HND / Degree.
· Experience gained within a Manufacturing & Maintenance environment would be an advantage.
· A strong mathematical aptitude and an understanding of Mechanical or Electrical principles would also be a benefit.
· The purpose of the role is to deliver academic and curriculum programmes to Level 2 or 3.
Salary range between £35,000 & £40,000 depending on skills & experience, plus Pension & Flexible Benefits, for a 37-hour week.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 023 92 222 964 and speak to Don.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.