Engineering & Health & Safety Manager
|Job Title:||Engineering & Health & Safety Manager|
|Location:||West Sussex, England|
|Contact Name:||Chris Smith|
|Job Published:||February 22, 2019 11:48|
Engineering Manager - NEBOSH Essential
£50,000 + bonus + benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment is exclusively representing an immediate opportunity for an Engineering Manager to work for our client in West Sussex, an internationally recognised manufacturer of food products and supplier of produce to supermarkets across the country.
Due to the nature of the facility, the role will involve a significant amount of compliance and Health & Safety implementation and appraisal and as such Applicants will be required to possess NEBOSH and a high degree of competence in this area.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who would like to make the job their own; work in close tandem with the Deputy Manager and onsite Maintenance and Facilities Engineers and bring the company forward during an exciting transition period.
Required - strength of character, straight talking and shooting approach, innovative approach to cost saving/revenue maximising and a strong knowledge of H&S and compliance.
- Assess inhouse processes to suggest opportunities for automation.
- Develop and implement department plan to achieve KPI's and strategic objectives.
- Work closely with manufacturing, operations & NPD to accommodate new strategic objectives and product lines.
- Deliver continued improvements around plant efficiency and reliability while following a focused investment programme.
- Develop H&S monitoring programmes and ensure Health Surveillance and Legionella RA are carried out.
- Review and implement H&S policies to achieve compliance with legislation and compliance.
- Conduct H&S audits of departments.
- We are looking for an Engineering Manager with a strong background in H&S and compliance.
- Ideally you will have come from food however we will consider FMCG, production, and process lead industries such as waste recycling, power generation, renewable energy etc.
- Relevant degree or equivalent.
- City & Guilds/ONC qualification.
- Management experience/Project Management experience.
- NEBOSH is essential, and the more training gained in H&S and compliance the better.
- We will also welcome applicants with management and H&S experience gained in the Forces.
To apply for this role or enquire for further details regarding location, package or otherwise please send your CV to email@example.com or call 02393 910 038.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Engineering & Maintenance Manager - EFW Power Station
£60000 - £65000 per annum + bonus, benefits
Structural Engineering Technician - Building Consultancy
Commercial & Engineering Director - Energy from Waste
Car & Bonus & Benefits
Up to £30000.00 per annum
Up to £30000.00 per annum