|Job Title:||Engine Technician|
|Salary:||£30000 - £34000 per annum + Company Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Kyle Shinn|
|Job Published:||February 4, 2019|
Up to £34k DoE + Benefits (includes van)
Warminster, Wiltshire - Field Based
Permanent, Full Time
We're currently looking for a Field Service Engineer / Engine Technician / CHP Engineer, with a background working on large reciprocating diesel or gas engines, to join a leading company within the Power Generation sector. You will be required to travel to various sites across the South West of the UK, performing fault finding, maintenance & reactive repairs.
As an Engine Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out all servicing, fault finding & reactive maintenance tasks for all combined heat and power (CHP), biogas and landfill gas (LFG) engines such as Jenbacher, Caterpillar & Cummins.
- Travelling to sites across Wiltshire & the South West, responding to engine breakdowns in a timely manner.
- Working as part of a call out rota (1 in 3) to respond to breakdowns out of hours & over the weekends.
- Performing all service, maintenance and repair work in accordance to service instructions, guidelines and manufacturers recommendations.
- Ensuring adherence with Health & Safety requirements at all times.
- Other duties as required.
What you'll need:
- Qualified in mechanical engineering (apprenticeship / HNC / HND / NVQ etc.).
- Proven experience in a similar CHP Service Engineer / Engine Technician position.
- Background carrying out maintenance on large diesel or gas engines such as Jenbacher, Caterpillar or Cummins.
- A full UK driving licence is essential, as you will need to travel to customer sites across the South West of the UK.
This role is offering a competitive salary in the region of £30,000 to £34,000 depending on experience, plus benefits which includes overtime, a company van, tools & 25 days holiday.
If you would like to apply for this Engine Technician role, then please send an up to date copy of your CV to email@example.com, or call Kyle Shinn on 02392 288 284 for more information.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.