Electro Mechanical Technician - Energy From Waste
|Job Title:||Electro Mechanical Technician - Energy From Waste|
|Location:||East Sussex, England|
|Contact Name:||Olivia Naylor|
|Job Published:||June 19, 2017 08:50|
Electro Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
Up to £40,000 + Benefits
Monday - Friday
We are actively recruiting for an Electro-Mechanical Technician to join the Maintenance Department of an Energy from Waste power station in the East Sussex area which currently uses approximately 210,000 tonnes of waste per year, enough to power roughly 25,000 homes The Multi-Skilled Technician will ultimately be responsible for carrying out all PPM and reactive maintenance on all electrical and mechanical equipment around the power station ensuring downtime is kept to a minimum.
What you will be doing…
Reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader, typical duties will include:
- Performing pre-planned and reactive maintenance tasks on a range of mechanical and electrical equipment including motors, valves, rotating plant, pumps, switchgear variable speed drives and conveyor systems
- Assisting during major maintenance periods, shut downs, outages etc. when required to ensure maximum plant availability and efficiency
- Working alongside other technicians in the maintenance team in diagnosing faults and assisting/suggesting equipment upgrades
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required
- Working within the company health, safety and environmental processes and procedures at all times.
What you will need…
- A recognised engineering apprenticeship and/or HNC or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline e.g. mechanical or electrical
- At least 4 years of experience working in the maintenance team in a heavy process environment such as a power station, refinery, chemical plant or paper mill. Multi skilled Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered
- Experience with CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System) ideally SAP. This would be an advantage
What's in it for you…
- A salary up to circa £40,000
- 33 days holiday - days are given back for working BH
- An excellent opportunity to join the growing EFW sector
How to apply...
To apply for this opportunity, please send a copy of your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 288 208 to speak to Olivia Naylor.
Please note, ALL candidates must have the right to work in the UK through citizenship or indefinite leave to remain visa. No other visas will be accepted.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Mechanical Technician x 2 - Energy from Waste
North London, London
Electrical Technician - Energy from Waste
Mechanical Technician x 3 - New Energy from Waste Power Station
OT + benefits
C&I Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
Mechanical Engineer - New Energy from Waste Power Station