Electro Mechanical Technician - Energy From Waste
|Job Title:||Electro Mechanical Technician - Energy From Waste|
|Salary:||£35000 per annum + Additional Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Olivia Naylor|
|Job Published:||April 25, 2017 10:00|
Electro Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste - Power Station
Circa £35,000 + Benefits
We are actively recruiting a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician to join the Maintenance Department of a relatively new Energy from Waste Power Plant in the Shropshire area. The Electro-Mechanical Technician will ultimately be responsible for carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance on all electrical and mechanical plant around the power station.
Reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader, typical duties will include:
- Performing pre-planned and reactive maintenance tasks on a range of mechanical and electrical equipment including motors, valves, rotating plant, pumps, switchgear variable speed drives and conveyor systems
- Assisting during major maintenance periods, shut downs, outages etc. when required, to ensure maximum plant availability and efficiency
- Working alongside other technicians in the maintenance team in diagnosing faults and assisting/suggesting equipment upgrades
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required
- Working within the company health, safety and environmental processes and procedures at all times.
The Ideal Candidate
- A relevant engineering apprenticeship, HNC/ONC or equivalent in either a mechanical or electrical engineering discipline.
- At least 4 years' experience within the maintenance team in a heavy process environment such as a Power Station either; Energy from Waste, CCGT, Biomass, Gasification or Coal Fired. Refinery, Chemical Plant or Paper Mill. Multi skilled Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered.
- Excellent knowledge of P.L.C's and controllers.
- Experience with CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System) ideally 'SAP' would be a bonus.
- Able to have a flexible approach to work if needed out of contracted hours.
- A Salary of Circa £35,000
- Overtime Option
- Company Pension Scheme
- Performance Bonus Opportunity
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please send an up to date CV and brief covering letter to the email address below or call into the office and ask to speak with Olivia Naylor.
Office: 02392 288 208
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Mechanical Technician x 2 - Energy from Waste
North London, London
Electrical Technician - Energy from Waste
Mechanical Technician x 3 - New Energy from Waste Power Station
OT + benefits
C&I Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
Mechanical Engineer - New Energy from Waste Power Station