Electrical Technician x 2 - New Power Station
|Job Title:||Electrical Technician x 2 - New Power Station|
|Location:||Newport, Isle of Wight|
|Salary:||Up to £35000.00 per annum + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||July 02, 2019 10:44|
Electrical Technician - New Power Station
£35,000 + benefits
Isle Of Wight
We are currently recruiting for several Electrical Technicians to join the maintenance department of a brand-new energy from waste power station on the Isle of Wight. Using state of the art technology the plant will treat both non-recyclable and recyclable waste and generate enough electricity to power up to 5000 homes. The Electrical Technicians will be responsible for pre-planned and reactive maintenance work on all electrical equipment and instrumentation across the site to ensure plant downtime is kept to a minimum.
What you'll be doing...
Typical duties for this role will include:
- Carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance work on PLC controlled equipment, HV/LV systems, motors, pneumatic systems and variable speed drives
- Completing routine inspections and undertaking preventative maintenance work as part of preventative maintenance management, to ensure equipment is consistently in good condition.
- Assisting the Maintenance Manager with outage planning, scheduling and coordination
- Ensuring maintenance work is properly recorded on the site CMMS
- To liaise with outside contractors on specific repairs / maintenance work
- Carrying out all activities with the highest regard for health and safety
Candidate must be willing to work shifts as this role involves working on a 4 on 4 off 12hour shift pattern
What you will need...
To be considered for this Electrical Technician opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- A relevant technical qualification such an HNC/NVQ/C&G in electrical engineering
- At least 4 years of experience in a heavy process environment in electrical maintenance. This can be from a power station, refinery, chemical plant, paper mill, FMCG, pharmaceutical etc
- Experience maintaining and fault finding on motors, variable speed drives, switchgear and HV/LV systems
- A flexible approach to working routines as you will be required to work shifts as well as form part of a callout rota
What is in it for you...
This successful candidate will receive:
- A salary up to £35,000
- Overtime rates
- A company pension
- The chance to join a brand new EFW plant at the very start
How do I apply?
To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve Utton.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
EC&I Technician - Biomass Power Station
Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
bonus + benefits
Environmental Health & Safety Manager - CCGT Power Station
Assistant Shift Team Leader - Biomass Power Station
£35000 - £37000.00 per annum + Benefits
Technical Sales Engineer - M&E Power Station Services
Bonus & Benefits
Shift Team Leader - Brand new Energy from Waste Power Plant
Coventry, West Midlands
Up to £45000.00 per annum + benefits