Electrical Technician x 2 - New Energy from Waste Plant
|Job Title:||Electrical Technician x 2 - New Energy from Waste Plant|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||March 29, 2018 14:31|
Electrical Technician x 2 - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive Salary + benefits
We are currently recruiting for 2 Electrical Technicians to join the new Javelin Park Energy from Waste plant in Gloucestershire. The Electrical Technicians will support the Electrical Engineer in performing pre-planned and reactive maintenance on all electrical assets across the site ensuring downtime is kept to a minimum.
The Javelin Park EFW plant will combust residual waste at a rate of 190,000 tonnes per year and produce in excess of 14 MW to export to the grid, enough to power over 25,000 homes. This plant will also cut carbon emission by 40,000 tonnes and save local taxpayers £150million.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Electrical Engineer, typical duties of the Electrical Technicians will include:
- Carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance on electrical assets including motors, transformers, switchgear, drives and HV/LV plant
- Ensuring maintenance plans and targets are achieved safely and within environmental parameters of the power station
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- Assisting in plant developments and projects
- Supervising and setting to work on site contractors
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the site CMMS
- Assist in outage planning, scheduling and coordination
- Commissioning activities
What experience does the role require?
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an HNC / ONC / NVQ in electrical engineering or a similar discipline
- At least 4 years of hands on maintenance experience with electrical systems including motors, drives, transformers etc
- Practical knowledge of maintenance procedures and processes associated with heavy process industries such as power generation, petrochemical, steel, paper mill, pharmaceutical etc.
- Involvement in plant mobilisation and commissioning is desirable but not essential
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A highly competitive salary
- A contributory pension
- The chance to join a brand new EFW facility at the very start
For more details on the package on offer please get in touch.
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve Utton, Dan Grosvenor or Arjun Patel
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Plant Manager - Energy from Waste Plant
car bonus pension
General Manager - Energy from Waste Plant
car, bonus, pension
Maintenance Manager - New Energy from Waste
Bonus & Benefits
Electrical Engineer - Energy from Waste
Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste
DOE - Bonus + Benefits