Electrical Technician x 2
|Job Title:||Electrical Technician x 2|
|Salary:||Overtime, on call allowance|
|Contact Name:||Joanna Hoddinott|
|Job Published:||August 15, 2017 11:29|
Do you want to work in a company where you can make a real difference? Do you like the sound of working with a manager who you can really engage with, and who takes the time to listen to your perspective? Where your opinion is valued? How about the prospect of being able to help shape the careers of junior engineers? Maybe you are frustrated at feeling like a number in a much larger organisation, where your ideas and voice is lost? Perhaps you don't like working in an overly procedural driven environment and have limited ability to be creative or progress?
If any of the above "feels" familiar, then please read on:
We are looking for 2 x Electrical Technicians to join my client, a leading Water company in the South. This is the client who has been described by current employees as a company who "nurtures talent" and a "good and thoughtful employer".
Does this sound good to you? Please read on...
The criteria for a successful candidate?
- You will ideally need experience in HV and LV Electrical Engineering. Training for additional qualifications can be provided as needed.
- Lone working - you'll need to be self-directed,
- Confined space working -training will be given if you are new to this.
- Mobile working - you will have your own company van and will move between sites in your region (Hampshire, Surrey, Berkshire) as required to repair and maintain equipment,
- Problem solving - you aren't going to know all the answers, and whilst you will have a supportive team of colleagues they are all busy solving their own problems, so you will need to be relentless in asking questions and researching answers to get to the bottom of the issue,
- Patience - you will be at multiple locations every week, with technical problems to solve every day. Plus there is an On-Call pattern to cover. So it is really important to have the ability to be able to relate to others and enjoy the job and all of its challenges. ….
The work will include;
- The repair, maintenance and installation of electrical plant and water treatment related equipment including various types of pumps, motors, gas dosing equipment, PLC's, Telemetry and chemical analysers to ensure the reliable and efficient operation of our production works and associated sites.
- Participating in a standby roster providing out of hours support to the operational area, also covering other team member's sickness and holiday.
- Assisting other members of the Production team with CSE where 3 or more bodies are required to complete a job. BA training will be provided.
- Supervising Contractors
- Completing all necessary administration associated with reactive and planned maintenance work.
- Routine administration (e.g. timesheets, health and safety forms, vehicle record sheets etc)
- Monitoring and maintaining security of production sites
- Site manual updates and maintenance
- Issuing Permits to Work where required
- Capital works as and when required
- Driving Company vehicles, which may also include the towing of plant and equipment
- Ensuring sites are in a clean and tidy condition upon completion of works
The client offers a great basic salary and an excellent compensation package, plus additional training, as needed, to enhance your knowledge of water treatment processes
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
St. Albans, Hertfordshire
£270 - £330 per day
Electrical Service Engineer
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£25000 - £30000.00 per annum
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£30000.00 - £36000.00 per annum
West Bromwich, West Midlands
£28000 - £32000 per annum