Electrical Technician - Site Utilities
|Job Title:||Electrical Technician - Site Utilities|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£34000 per annum + pension, OT|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||June 27, 2017 12:48|
Electrical Maintenance Technician - Site Utilities
£34,000 + Benefits
We are currently recruiting an Electrical Technician to work on a utilities plant in Leeds that supplies steam and heat to a nearby process plant. The Electrical Technician will be responsible for carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance on all electrical equipment around the site to minimise downtime and maximise availability.
Reporting in to the Maintenance Manager, typical duties will involve:
- Performing pre-planned and reactive maintenance tasks on a range of electrical equipment including motors, valves, variable speed drives, conveyor systems, instruments and PLCs etc. Some basic mechanical work will also be expected at times
- Maintaining a good level of housekeeping in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Pro-actively identify area for improvement and bring these forward
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required
- Working within the company health, safety and environmental processes and procedures at all times.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
- A relevant technical engineering qualification such as a C&G/ONC/HNC in an electrical engineering discipline
- At least 5 years of experience working in the maintenance department in a heavy process environment - manufacturing, FMCG, paper mill, steel works, utilities plant, power station etc
- Proven ability to fault find and problem solve both electrically and mechanically
- A flexible approach to working patterns. You will form part of a call out rota that includes some weekend work and bank holidays
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for this role as follows:
- A salary of circa £34,000
- Company pension
- Excellent holidays
If you are interested in this opportunity or would like to find out more information, call Astute Technical Recruitment and speak to Steve Utton on 02392 288 215 or email your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Multi Skilled Technician - Utilities
Church Stretton, Shropshire
£28000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + Pension and Call Out
Electrical Technician - Energy from Waste
£325.00 - £375.00 per day
Field Engineer - Electrical
Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
£25000 - £30000 per annum + Company Benefits
EC&I Technician - Biomass