|Job Title:||Electrical Technician - Power Station|
|Location:||North London, London|
|Salary:||Pension and Overtime|
|Contact Name:||Zubair Ahmed|
|Job Published:||November 28, 2018|
Electrical Technician - Power Station
Competitive salary + OT + callout + healthcare
Due to an increase in headcount we are recruiting for several E&I Technicians to join the maintenance department of a well-established Energy from Waste Power Station in the North London area. The E&I Technicians will be responsible for pre-planned and reactive maintenance work on all electrical equipment and instrumentation across the site to ensure plant downtime is kept to a minimum.
Energy from Waste is currently one of the fastest growing sectors in the UK's power industry offering secure, lengthy and challenging careers with great opportunities for development.
What you'll be doing...
Typical duties for this role will include:
- Carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance work on PLC controlled equipment, HV/LV systems, motors, pneumatic systems and variable speed drives
- Completing routine inspections and undertaking preventative maintenance work as part of preventative maintenance management, in order to ensure equipment is consistently in good condition.
- Assisting the Electrical Supervisor with outage planning, scheduling and coordination
- Ensuring maintenance work is properly recorded on the site CMMS
- To liaise with outside contractors on specific repairs / maintenance work
- Carrying out all activities with the highest regard for health and safety
What you will need...
In order to be considered for this E&I Technician opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- A relevant technical qualification such an HNC/NVQ/C&G in electrical engineering
- At least 4 years of experience in a heavy process environment in electrical maintenance. This can be from a power station, refinery, chemical plant, paper mill, FMCG etc
- Experience maintaining and fault finding on motors, variable speed drives, switchgear and HV/LV systems
- A flexible approach to working routines as you will form part of a call out rota
What is in it for you...
This successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive basic salary
- 28 days holiday + 8 BHs
- Generous overtime rates
- A contributory pension
- For more details on the package on offer please get in touch.
How do I apply?
To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 222 963 and speak to Zubair Ahmed
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.