|Job Title:||Electrical Technician - New Energy from Waste Power Station|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||April 2, 2019|
Electrical Technician - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive Salary + benefits
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Technician to join a brand-new energy from waste power station, currently under construction, just outside of Bristol. This plant will process up to 320,000 tonnes of waste producing 32MW of power; enough electricity to power around 44,000 homes. The Electrical Technicians will support the Electrical Engineer and be responsible for carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance of all electrical assets on site.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Electrical Engineer, typical duties of the Electrical Technicians will include:
- Carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance on electrical assets including motors, transformers, switchgear, drives and HV/LV plant
- Ensuring maintenance plans and targets are achieved safely and within environmental parameters of the power station
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- Assisting in plant developments and projects
- Supervising and setting to work on site contractors
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the site CMMS
- Assist in outage planning, scheduling and coordination
- Commissioning activities
What experience does the role require?
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an HNC/NVQ/C&G in electrical engineering or a similar discipline
- At least 4 years of hands on maintenance experience with electrical systems including motors, drives, transformers, switchgear etc
- Practical knowledge of maintenance procedures and processes associated with heavy process industries such as power generation, petrochemical, steel, paper mill, pharmaceutical etc.
- Involvement in plant mobilisation and commissioning is desirable but not essential
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A highly competitive salary
- Overtime at 1.5x
- A contributory pension
- The chance to join a brand new EFW facility at the very start
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.