Electrical Technician - New Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||Electrical Technician - New Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||£36000 - £39000.00 per annum + Overtime & Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||April 10, 2019 10:30|
Electrical Technician - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Up to £39,000 + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with an international market leader within the Engineering industry who have recently moved into the Energy from Waste sector.
We are looking for two Electrical Technicians to join the Maintenance Team for their new Gasification Power Plant, located in Hertfordshire just North of the M25.
This plant utilises Gasification Technology, combined with a Steam Turbine, to generate 10MWe which is enough to power around 7,000 homes. As an Energy from Waste plant using Refuse Derived Fuel, the plant will also be reducing approximately 90,000 Tonnes of waste from heading to a landfill on an annual basis.
Role & Responsibilities
Your duties as an Electrical Technician will include reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for:
- Performing pre-planned and reactive maintenance tasks on a range of electrical equipment including motors, switchgear, transformers, LV and HV equipment, and variable speed drives.
- Assisting during major maintenance periods (shut downs, outages etc.) when required to ensure maximum plant availability and efficiency
- Carrying out fault diagnosis on a range of equipment and effect immediate repairs
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required
- Working within the company health, safety and environmental processes and procedures at all times.
What you will need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A relevant technical qualification such as a C&G/NVQ/ONC/HNC/HNC/Degree in an Electrical discipline
- 17th Edition / 18th Edition will be essential
- Marine Engineers such as Merchant/RFA/Royal Navy would be ideal
- At least three years' experience in a maintenance department in a Process Environment with hands on experience of electrical equipment
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH or Health & Safety Qualification
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary up to £39,000
- Benefits package
- Opportunity to join a new build Energy from Waste power station
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to find out more, please contact Dan Grosvenor on 02392 288 286 or email a CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Control & Instrument Technician - New Energy from Waste
Up to £45900.00 per annum
Electrical Technician x 2 - Energy from Waste
North London, London
Up to £39700.00 per annum + OT + Call out + benefits
Operations Manager - New Energy from Waste
Car & Bonus
Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste
DOE - Bonus + Benefits
Project Manager - New build Energy from Waste Power Station