Electrical Technician - New Build Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||Electrical Technician - New Build Energy from Waste|
|Location:||Belfast, County Antrim|
|Salary:||£32000.00 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||July 06, 2017 09:38|
Electrical Technician - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Belfast, Northern Ireland
£32,000 + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with an international market leader within the Engineering industry who have recently moved into the Energy from Waste sector.
We are looking for an Electrical Technician to join the Maintenance Team for their new Gasification Power Plant, located in Belfast just North of the M25.
This plant utilises Gasification Technology, combined with a Steam Turbine, to generate ~15MW which is enough to power around 14,500 homes. As an Energy from Waste plant using Refuse Derived Fuel, the plant will also be reducing approximately 180,000 Tonnes of waste from heading to a landfill on an annual basis.
Role & Responsibilities
Your duties as an Electrical Technician will include reporting to the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for:
- Performing pre-planned and reactive maintenance tasks on a range of electrical equipment including motors, switchgear, transformers, LV and HV equipment, and variable speed drives.
- Assisting during major maintenance periods (shut downs, outages etc.) when required to ensure maximum plant availability and efficiency
- Carrying out fault diagnosis on a range of equipment and effect immediate repairs
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required
- Working within the company health, safety and environmental processes and procedures at all times.
What you will need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A relevant technical qualification such as a C&G/NVQ/ONC/HNC/HNC/Degree in an Electrical discipline
- 16th or 17th Edition
- Marine Engineers such as Merchant/RFA/Royal Navy experience would be ideal
- At least three years' experience in a maintenance department in a Process Environment with hands on experience of electrical equipment
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH or Health & Safety Qualification
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary up to £32,000
- Benefits package
- Opportunity to join a new build Energy from Waste power station
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to find out more, please contact a member of the Power Team at Astute; Dan Grosvenor, Steve Utton, Arjun Patel on 02392 288 286 or email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
General Manager - New build Energy from Waste Power Station
Maintenance Manager - New Energy from Waste
Bonus & Benefits
General Manager - Energy from Waste Plant
car, bonus, pension
Health & Safety Manager - Energy from Waste
West Midlands, England
Pension + Bonus
Construction Project Manager - Waste Management
Manchester, Greater Manchester
car + benefits