Electrical Technician - New Build Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||Electrical Technician - New Build Energy from Waste|
|Salary:||£35000 - £37000.00 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||May 26, 2017 10:19|
Electrical Technician - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Up to £37,000 + Bonus + Benefits
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Technician to join the maintenance department of a new build Energy from Waste Power Station in South London. The C&I Technician will play an integral part in ensuring the plants Electrical equipment are maintained and in working order to ensure maximum availability.
Using state of the art technology, this plant will combust municipal waste at rate of 275,000 tonnes per year and produce in excess of 22 MW to export to the grid, enough to power over 30,000 homes.
This is a rare opportunity to join the Maintenance Department during the Plant's commissioning, giving you the chance to gain valuable experience in how the plant is put together and operated.
Reporting in to the Electrical Engineer, typical duties will involve:
- Performing pre-planned and reactive maintenance tasks on a range of electrical equipment including motors, switchgear, transformers, LV and HV equipment, and variable speed drives.
- Assisting during major maintenance periods (shut downs, outages etc.) when required to ensure maximum plant availability and efficiency
- Carrying out fault diagnosis on a range of equipment and effect immediate repairs
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Supervising and directing on site contractors when required
- Working within the company health, safety and environmental processes and procedures at all times.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
A relevant technical engineering qualification such as a C&G/ONC/HNC in an engineering discipline - mechanical, electrical or C&I
- A relevant technical qualification such as a C&G/NVQ/ONC/HNC/HNC/Degree in an Electrical discipline
- Marine Engineers such as Merchant/RFA/Royal Navy experience would be ideal
- At least three years' experience in a maintenance department in a Process Environment with hands on experience of electrical equipment equipment
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH or Health & Safety Qualification
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for this role as follows:
- A salary up to £37,000
- Company pension
- Excellent holidays
- The opportunity to join a brand-new facility
If you are interested in this opportunity or would like to find out more information, call Astute Technical Recruitment and speak to Dan Grosvenor or email your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Shift Team Leader - New Energy from Waste Power Station
EC&I Technician - Energy from Waste Power Station
£40000 - £42500 per annum + benefits
Assistant Plant Operator - Energy from Waste
£33000 - £35000.00 per annum + 10% bonus, pension
Project Engineer - Energy from Waste
£45000 - £50000.00 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Plant Manager - Energy from Waste
Dudley, West Midlands