|Job Title:||Electrical Technician - New Build Biomass Plant|
|Location:||Ellesmere Port, Cheshire|
|Salary:||£34000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Overtime|
|Contact Name:||Zubair Ahmed|
|Job Published:||May 15, 2018|
Electrical Technician- New Build Biomass Plant
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Circa £34,000 + Overtime
We are actively recruiting an Electrical Technician to join the Maintenance Department of a brand-new ~20MW Biomass power station in the Cheshire area. The Electrical Technician will ultimately be responsible for carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance on all electrical plant around the power station.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Team Leader, as an Electrical Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance work on a variety of equipment which includes cranes, rotating equipment, HV/LV systems, motors, pneumatic systems, switch gear and variable speed drives
- Completing routine inspections and undertaking preventative maintenance work as part of preventative maintenance management, in order to ensure equipment is consistently in good condition.
- Assist during periods of major maintenance activity which includes shutdowns and outages to maximise plant availability
- Carry out fault diagnosis and identify areas for improvement/modification as appropriate
- Ensuring maintenance work is properly recorded on the site CMMS
- To liaise with outside contractors on specific repairs / maintenance work
- Carrying out all activities with the highest regard for health and safety
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such an HNC/NVQ/C&G in electrical engineering
- At least 3 years of experience in a heavy process environment in electrical maintenance. This can be from a power station, refinery, chemical plant, paper mill, FMCG etc
- Experience maintaining and fault finding on motors, variable speed drives, switchgear and HV/LV systems
- A flexible approach to working routines as you will form part of a call out rota
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive salary circa £34k
- Company benefits including pension
- Opportunity to work on a brand new advanced thermal treatment biomass plant
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com, ring 02392 288 963 and ask to speak to Zubair Ahmed who can tell you more.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.