Electrical Technician - Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||Electrical Technician - Energy from Waste|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||February 06, 2019 08:25|
Electrical Technician - Power Generation
Competitive Salary & Bonus & Benefits
Our client operates a plant incinerating municipal waste to raise steam which is then piped to a nearby site with a steam turbine to generate energy from waste. There are plans to expand this site in the coming years through the addition of a third line with its own turbine.
The Electrical Technicians will support the Electrical Team Leader in performing pre-planned and reactive maintenance on all electrical assets across the site ensuring downtime is kept to a minimum.
What does the job involve?
Reporting in to the Electrical Team Leader, typical duties of the Electrical Technicians will include:
- Carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance on electrical assets including motors, transformers, switchgear, drives and HV/LV plant
- Ensuring maintenance plans and targets are achieved safely and within environmental parameters of the power station
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- Assisting in plant developments and projects
- Supervising and setting to work on site contractors
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the site CMMS
- Assist in outage planning, scheduling and coordination
- Commissioning activities
What is required?
Ideally candidates applying for this vacancy should have:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an City & Guilds in electrical engineering or a similar discipline
- At least 4 years of hands on maintenance experience with electrical systems including motors, drives, transformers etc
- Practical knowledge of maintenance procedures and processes associated with heavy process industries such as power generation, petrochemical, steel, paper mill, pharmaceutical etc.
- 17th Edition
- Health & Safety mindset with experience working to Safe Systems of Work / Safety Rules
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive salary
- Overtime and Bonus scheme
- A contributory pension
- Opportunity to join a secure company with strong job security and future expansion plans in place
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or you can call 02392 288 288 and speak to Dan.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Electrical Technician - New Energy from Waste
£36000 - £39000.00 per annum + Overtime & Benefits
Electrical Technician - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Electrical Maintenance Engineer - Energy from Waste
£5000 - £45000 per annum
Shift Operations Technician New Energy from Waste
Belfast, County Antrim
£29000 - £35400 per annum + Benefits
Operations Manager - Energy from Waste
Car, Bonus & Benefits