|Job Title:||Electrical Technician - CCGT Power Station|
|Location:||Neath, Neath Port Talbot|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||December 7, 2018|
Electrical Technician - CCGT Power Station
Competitive Salary + Benefits
We are looking for an Electrical Technician to join the Maintenance Department of a state of the art CCGT Power Station in South Wales. This station has a generating capacity of 525MW comprising of a Gas Turbine, Heat Recovery Steam Generator and Steam Turbine.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the EC&I Team Leader, as an Electrical Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out fault diagnosis, repairs, planned and unplanned maintenance activities within the Power Station to ensure maximum availability for the day to day Operations.
- Supervise specialist contractors during periods of high activity, such as Outages or unplanned Shutdowns.
- Maintaining and documenting all work within the sites CMMS including planning future activities.
- Maintain Electrical equipment including HV generators, switchgear, AVR's, transformers, drives, motors and inverters.
- Maintaining the continuous emission monitoring systems (CEMS)
- Assist during OPEX & CAPEX projects as required.
- Ensuring all work is carried out in line with company health and safety policies and procedures
Responsible for looking after the Electrical, Controls & Instrumentation equipment on site, we're ideally looking for one Electrical bias Technician and the second focused on Control & Instrumentation equipment.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an HNC/HND in electrical
- At least five years' experience in a EC&I maintenance role, post apprenticeship, in a heavy process environment/sector (e.g. power station, chemical plant, paper mill, refinery, steel works etc).
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of HV/MV/LV electrical systems
- Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH or Health & Safety Qualification
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary
- Discretionary Bonus,
- Benefits package including Pension
- Opportunity to work on a highly efficient CCGT Power Station
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.