|Job Title:||Electrical Technician|
|Contact Name:||Kate Tyrrell|
|Job Published:||October 3, 2019|
Electrical Technician - Onshore Wind
Salary: Dependent on experience
We are looking to recruit an experienced Electrical Technician / Electrical Engineer to join one of the World's largest manufacturers and developers in the wind industry. We are delighted to present this highly sought-after opportunity to start a career within the onshore wind sector.
Our Client is looking for a local office based Electrical Technician, to support the Field Team with servicing onshore Wind Turbines. The position will be predominantly in the office, handling inbound calls from Technicians, Suppliers and Customers - rectifying any technical electrical and mechanical issues, support with fault diagnosis and assisting the dispatch team with scheduling maintenance and repair work.
As an Electrical Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Answering inbound calls and supporting Technicians, Suppliers and Customers with fault diagnosis, onsite enquiries and product support queries.
- Communicate with the dispatch team to prioritise reactive and scheduled workflow.
- Monitoring the Turbines remotely, using SCADA systems and escalating concerns through the correct channels.
- Covering other sites across the UK and Europe, requiring overnight stays and travel when requested to provide technical assistance.
- Other duties as required.
To be considered for this Electrical Technician role, you must have:
- An Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Proven track record of experience fault finding and reporting on electrical issues in a heavy machinery / manufacturing / industrial environment.
- Willingness to travel and the flexibility to stay away.
- Experience in the wind industry would be advantageous but is not essential.
There will be an opportunity to work on the Turbines themselves, should a Field Technician be scheduled for annual leave etc. So, a good head for heights is necessary!
This is an opportunity to join a Global leader in the Wind Energy Sector that is committed to your ongoing career development and personal growth. Offering a competitive salary, plus benefits including overtime opportunities, a working away allowance, annual leave, pension and medical.
If you would like to apply for this Electrical Technician position, please email a copy of your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kate Tyrrell on 02392 222960 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.