|Job Title:||Electrical Technician|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Nixon|
|Job Published:||January 18, 2019 14:36|
Wiltshire to Berkshire (Field Based)
Up to £36,000 + Overtime, Call Out, Van & Benefits Package.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Electrical Technician to join one of the industry leaders in environmental solutions working on their innovative waste water treatment systems across the South. Working from home, you will be responsible for the servicing and maintenance of a wide variety of electrical equipment across the waste water sector including pumps, motors, PLC's, telemetry, chemical analysers and building services.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be responsible for…
- Planned, preventative and breakdown maintenance on a wide variety of heavy and light current electrical apparatus across waste water assets, including rotating equipment, switchgear, control equipment, building services etc.
- Report, diagnose and repair plant defects, proposing modifications & improvements where appropriate.
- Resetting of electrical or electronic controls or programs.
- Testing of equipment at customer sites to ensure full function following installation.
- Performing out of hours and breakdown cover when required,
- Assisting clients with technical faults.
- Completing risk assessments, activity reports and other documentation as required.
- Offering after sales technical support.
- Ensure compliance with the company's Quality and Environmental Management System and Health and Safety Policies.
This role requires out of hours cover and rapid response and will involve working as part of an out of hours standby team on a 1 in 4-week rotation.
Candidates are expected to have an electrical maintenance background, underpinned by an industry qualification (NVQ/ BTECH/ C&G).
Experience in PLC programming is desirable as well as demonstrable experience working on instrumentation and control systems and HV equipment.
Previous experience working within the water industry would be advantageous, however full training will be provided to get you up to speed on the equipment and technologies you will be working with.
Due to the nature of the role, a full UK driving license is essential and a level of security clearance will need to be obtained for a number of customer sites.
What's on offer
- Basic salary up to £36,000
- Company Vehicle
- Overtime & Call out
- Competitive Package
How to Apply
To apply, please call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.