|Job Title:||Electrical Technician|
|Salary:||£29000 - £30750 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Nixon|
|Job Published:||July 31, 2018|
Up to £30,000
We are currently recruiting for a Electrical Technician to join one of the leading Waste Management specialists operating across the Wiltshire area and the surrounding counties. Focussing on their Waste Management solutions, they are looking for an Electrical Technician to carry out general maintenance across their recovery facility and to support in the continual development of maintenance plans to reduce downtime and costs across the site. This role is working on a day-shift with Saturday shifts running on a bi-weekly basis.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out planned preventative maintenance, reactive maintenance and condition maintenance on all electrical plant, site installations and machinery on-site.
- Consistently develop maintenance strategies to maximise the plants efficiency and reduce downtime and cost.
- Ensure all instrumentation is calibrated within systems as well as supporting the mechanical maintenance team for PPM, RM and CM tasks.
- Carry out fault finding and diagnostics on electrical systems.
- Assist in the coordination of on-site subcontractors for relevant maintenance tasks.
- Carry out risk assessments and method statements for all work carried out on-site and ensure safe working practice is maintained.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is carried out and kept up to date as required.
- Be part of an emergency call-out rota.
- Candidates are expected to have an electrical maintenance background, underpinned by an industry qualification (NVQ/ BTECH/ C&G). 17th Edition is desirable, but not essential.
- Candidates will have a demonstrable experience maintaining electrical, mechanical and ICA plant with a good understanding of PLC systems.
- This role requires call-out service and Saturday work, so candidates are expected to be flexible with their working hours.
What's on Offer
This role presents the successful applicant with a first-class opportunity to join a growing business, building on their continued success within the Waste Management sector across the Wiltshire area. It offers a basic salary of up to £30,750 as well as a competitive package and the opportunity tp build on your existing training and experience within the industry.
How to Apply
To apply, please call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.