Electrical Team Leader - Energy from Waste
|Job Title:||Electrical Team Leader - Energy from Waste|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||March 27, 2018 11:13|
Electrical Team Leader - Power Generation
Competitive Salary & Bonus & Benefits
Our client operates a plant incinerating municipal waste to raise steam which is then piped to a nearby site with a steam turbine to generate energy from waste. There are plans to expand this site in the coming years through the addition of a third line with its own turbine.
This role will have you managing and developing the electrical maintenance team to deliver scheduled, preventative, breakdown, planned maintenance and operational activities.
What does the job involve?
Reporting in to the Maintenance Manager, the Electrical Team Leaders typical duties will include supervising the Electrical Team who are responsible for:
- Fault-finding and maintaining electrical assets including motors, switchgear, transformers and HV plant
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- Undertaking/assisting in plant developments/projects
- Setting to work and supervising contractors
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the sites CMMS
- Ensuring HSE compliance at all times
Your duties will also include:
- Providing leadership and direction to the maintenance team whilst building and maintaining a culture of teamwork
- Being a key member of the management team, standing in for the maintenance manager
- Participate in the broader management of the plant and the development of human resources
- Implementing the company's HSE management policies
- Ensuring maintenance budgets are controlled
What is required?
Ideally candidates applying for this vacancy should have:
- At least 5 years of experience post apprenticeship in electrical maintenance in a heavy process industry
- A relevant qualification in electrical engineering such as NVQ/C&G/ONC/HNC/HND
- Experience maintaining electrical assets including motors, switchgear, transformers, HV plant etc. in a heavy process environment. This could be a power station, petrochemical site, refinery, steel works etc.
- The highest regards for health, safety and environmental compliance
- A flexible/adaptable approach and ability to motivate others
- Ideally, an IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or you can call 02392 288 288 and speak to Dan.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Electrical Technician - Energy from Waste
Plant Operator - Energy from Waste
Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste
DOE - Bonus + Benefits
EC&I Technician - Energy from Waste
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
DCS Engineer - Energy from Waste
Car + Benefits