Electrical Production Technicians x 2
|Job Title:||Electrical Production Technicians x 2|
|Contact Name:||Joanna Hoddinott|
|Job Published:||July 12, 2017 13:01|
Do you want to work in a company where you can make a real difference? Do you like the sound of working with a manager who you can really engage with, and who takes the time to listen to your perspective? Where your opinion is valued? How about the prospect of being able to help shape the careers of junior engineers? Maybe you are frustrated at feeling like a number in a much larger organisation, where your ideas and voice is lost? Perhaps you don't like working in an overly procedural driven environment and have limited ability to be creative or progress?
If any of the above "feels" familiar, then please read on:
We are looking for 2 x Electrical Production Technicians to join my client, a leading Water company in the South East. This is the client who has been described by current employees as a company who "nurtures talent" and a "good and thoughtful employer".
Does this sound good to you?
The successful candidate will ideally come from the Clean Water industry and will ideally be Degree educated within Electrical Engineering. If you don't have this, but feel you are still a great match, then please get in touch for a chat.
This role is office based, but there will still be opportunities to break out and get some fresh air on site visits. As you will manage your own workload, this can be as frequent as you deem necessary.
Preferably with experience of working within Clean Water, you will be operating, maintaining and repairing electrical and process control plant / equipment, ensuring the secure and reliable operation of water production sites, reservoirs and boosters.
The work will include;
- The repair, maintenance and installation of electrical plant and water treatment related equipment including various types of pumps, motors, gas dosing equipment, PLC's, Telemetry and chemical analysers to ensure the reliable and efficient operation of our production works and associated sites.
- Participating in a standby roster providing out of hours support to the operational area, also covering other team member's sickness and holiday.
- Assisting other members of the Production team with CSE where 3 or more bodies are required to complete a job. BA training will be provided.
- Supervising Contractors
- Completing all necessary administration associated with reactive and planned maintenance work.
- Routine administration (e.g. timesheets, health and safety forms, vehicle record sheets etc)
- Monitoring and maintaining security of production sites
- Site manual updates and maintenance
- Issuing Permits to Work where required
- Capital works as and when required
- Driving Company vehicles, which may also include the towing of plant and equipment
- Ensuring sites are in a clean and tidy condition upon completion of works
To be successful, you will need to consider the following criteria:
- An electrical qualification combined with significant maintenance experience:
- BTech 3 or,
- C&G nationally recognised apprenticeship or,
- NVQ level III
- A proven knowledge of IEE Regulations (BS 7671).
- A willingness to attend a one-day electrical competency assessment.
- Fault finding and problem-solving skills
- Computer Literate
- Experience in maintaining mechanical and ICA plant and equipment
- Must be assessed physically fit to undertake confined space and breathing apparatus duties as there will be confined spaces working.
- A full clean driving license
The client offers a good basic salary and an excellent compensation package, plus additional training, as needed, to enhance your knowledge of water treatment processes
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
or call Joanna on 02392 222 960
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's