Electrical Engineering Instructor - Power Generation
|Job Title:||Electrical Engineering Instructor - Power Generation|
|Contact Name:||Daniel Grosvenor|
|Job Published:||December 07, 2018 08:15|
High Voltage Electrical Engineer - Power Generation
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer / HV Trainer for an International Power Generation company to work at their Engineering Academy. Responsible for delivering all HV training both on site and offsite in addition to looking after their private High Voltage network on site.
The academy includes the live HV network, seven substations, three power plant simulators and fabrication workshops. You'll be involved with training apprentices, graduates and experienced engineers and supporting their personal development.
Roles & Responsibilities
As the High Voltage Operations Trainer, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering HV training internally within the academy and out on site for clients.
- Manage the maintenance and operation of the 11kv network, including contractor management, maintenance and the issuing of permits to work.
- Lead and develop training courses, HV switching and supervising trainees.
- Work in coordination with multi-discipline departments for knowledge sharing and improving best practices.
- Provide feedback to senior management for monthly reporting.
- Assist with the management of the HV network, including advising during tenders and quotes and contract negotiation.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- HNC in Electrical Engineering or relevant Engineering discipline.
- Senior Authorised Persons status with experience on a Distribution Network.
- Worked on a Power Generation / Private Network site, maintaining transformers, HV switchgear, substations and associated plant.
- Achieve relevant training / teaching qualifications such as C&G L3 / L4 in Education & Training, relevant certificates such as CMI or ILM will also be considered.
- A NEBOSH or IOSH in Health and Safety would be beneficial.
- We would consider highly experience Electrical Engineers / Shift Manager/Shift Team Leaders for Power Stations / Refineries / Steelworks / Royal Navy
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits Package
- Site Bonus
- Progression opportunities (Salary Banding and Promotions)
- Personal Development (Qualifications)
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Safety Manager - Power Generation
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Car & Bonus & Benefits
Automation Project Manager - Power Generation
£50000 - £55000.00 per annum + car + benefits
Recruitment Consultant - Power
£20000 - £25000 per annum + Up to 39 days holiday
Project Engineer - Power Plants
£45000 - £50000 per annum + car + benefits
Operations Technician - Power Station