Electrical Engineer - Power Station (EFW)
|Job Title:||Electrical Engineer - Power Station (EFW)|
|Salary:||£52000 - £56000 per annum + bonus, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||May 25, 2018 11:47|
Electrical Engineer - Energy from Waste Power Station
£52,000 - £56,000 + bonus + benefits
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer to join the maintenance department of an operational energy from waste power station in Oxfordshire. The Electrical Engineer will play an integral part in ensuring the plants electrical systems are maintained and in working order to ensure maximum plant availability.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Engineering and Maintenance Manager typical duties will include:
- Leading and managing a team of electrical technicians to ensure the plant is maintained to the highest standard to ensure maximum plant availability
- Holding the position of Senior Authorised Person (SAP) working on both LV and HV electrical systems
- Scheduling, planning and optimising all electrical maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Supervising and directing contractors.
- Working closely with the operations department to assess and review plant performance shortfalls and how these can be rectified
- Assisting in the setting up and development of the sites Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner and in line with company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
What experience does role require?
To be considered for the Electrical Engineer, it's important you meet certain criteria including.
- Ideally a recognised qualification in electrical engineering at HND/HNC/ONC level or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge and experience with a range of electrical plant including HV switchgear, transformers, motors, generators and variable speed drives etc
- Practical knowledge of process plant and equipment gained in an industry such as power generation, steel, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, refining etc.
- Experience in leading a team of technicians in daily maintenance practices and procedures
What's in it for me?
Successful candidates will receive:
- A salary up to circa £56,000 depending on experience
- A performance related bonus
- Company pension
- A chance to join the growing EFW industry
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and ask to speak with Steve Utton
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
EC&I Engineer - Power Station
DCS Engineer - CCGT Power Station
Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
£50000 - £60000.00 per annum + Benefits
Production Engineer - CCGT Power Station
Shift Team Leader - Biomass Power Station
Lanark, South Lanarkshire
Shift Operator - Biomass Power Station