Electrical Engineer - Power Station (EfW)
|Job Title:||Electrical Engineer - Power Station (EfW)|
|Salary:||£50000 - £54000 per annum + bonus, pension|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||January 04, 2018 17:50|
Electrical Engineer - Power Station
Salary up to £54,000 + bonus + benefits
We are currently recruiting an Electrical Engineer to join the maintenance department of an Energy from Waste (EfW) power station in the Berkshire area. As the sites Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for all electrical engineering and maintenance activities to ensure minimal downtime and optimal long term availability of the plant is achieved.
Working closely with the Maintenance Manager, and other Engineers within the maintenance department, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating, scheduling and planning maintenance activities to ensure optimal long term availability of the plant
- The day to day management of a team of electrical technicians who are responsible for carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance on all electrical equipment including switchgear, transformers, motors, generators and variable speed drives etc.
- Supervising and directing contractors
- Management of the electrical maintenance workshop
- Ensuring the CMMS is updated and utilised to its full potential
- Carrying out risk assessments to ensure all maintenance activities are carried out with the highest regard for health and safety
Knowledge, Skills and Experience...
To be considered for this position you must have:
- A recognised qualification in electrical engineering at HNC level or higher
- Knowledge and experience with a range of electrical plant including HV switchgear, transformers, motors, generators and variable speed drives etc.
- At least 4 years of experience in a heavy process environment such as power generation, pharmaceutical, chemical, steel, paper mill etc. Electrically biased Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered (PO level or above)
- Supervisory or team leader experience in the electrical engineering field
- Experience working with computerised maintenance management systems
- Experience working on HV equipment and previous Senior Authorised Person (SAP) status would be beneficial
- An IOSH or NEBOSH qualification would be beneficial
Package and Benefits...
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits package for the Electrical Engineer vacancy as follows:
- A salary up to £54,000
- A performance related bonus up to 20%
- Overtime at 1.5x
- Company pension
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
How do I apply...
To apply for a position please send a copy of your CV along with a brief cover letter stating details of your current salary and package to email@example.com or call 02392 288 215 to speak to Steve who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
EC&I Engineer - Power Station
DCS Engineer - CCGT Power Station
Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
£50000 - £60000.00 per annum + Benefits
Production Engineer - CCGT Power Station
Shift Plant Operator - EFW Power Station
£40000 - £41500 per annum + 8% bonus, pension
Shift Team Leader - Biomass Power Station
Lanark, South Lanarkshire