|Job Title:||Electrical Engineer - Power Station|
|Contact Name:||Steve Utton|
|Job Published:||September 24, 2019|
Electrical Engineer - New Power Station
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer to join a new Energy from Waste plant in Gloucestershire. The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for supervising the Electrical Technicians and supporting the Maintenance Manager in the planning, coordination and supervision of the reactive and pre-planned maintenance activities in order to ensure maximum plant reliability and availability across the power station.
This plant will combust residual waste at a rate of 190,000 tonnes per year and produce in excess of 14 MW to export to the grid, enough to power over 25,000 homes.
What will I be doing?
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, as Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing a team of electrical technicians to ensure the plant is maintained to the highest standard to ensure maximum plant availability
- Scheduling, planning and optimising all electrical maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Supervising and directing contractors.
- Working closely with the operations department to assess and review plant performance shortfalls and how these can be rectified
- Assisting in the setting up and development of the sites Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner and in line with company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
What experience does the role require?
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A recognised qualification in electrical / electronic engineering at HNC level or higher
- Extensive knowledge and experience with a range of electrical plant including HV switchgear, transformers, motors, generators and variable speed drives etc
- Practical knowledge of process plant and equipment gained in an industry such as Power Generation, Petrochemical, Steelworks, Papermill, Pharmaceutical etc
- Experience in leading a team of technicians in daily maintenance practices and procedures
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A highly competitive basic salary
- A company pension
- A chance to join one of the UK's newest Energy from Waste facilities.
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve Utton who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.